Newsletter

The Festival

The International Music Festival "Buchenau 2019" in Buchenau, Germany, in the middle of the Rhön, idyllically located on a large parkland, takes place in 2019. The festival is an innovative format that combines mastersclasses, lectures, and students‘ concerts under one roof, which gives spectators as well as the participants an unique insight into the creative process of musical interpretation. Internationally well-known professors from all over the world will offer public master classes in which students and young musicians can refine their skills. Selected pedagogues for violin, viola, cello and piano will convey the fine art of interpretation of the instrumental play. The students of the master classes along with the professors will perform a large number of concerts of chamber and orchestral music. An orchestra, which is available in full orchestration and as a chamber orchestra for the master classes and concerts, will support and crown the musical highlights. Once you have experienced how young artists are playing with lots of energie, you will wish to participate at one oh those concerts. The programs are matched to each other to inspire the audience and to provide a comprehensive and varied insight into the emergence of concert music. An international competition in categories violin, viola, cello and piano, in which both the participants of the master classes as well as external young musicians can participate, completes the offer. The competitions are going to be the most exciting highlights of the festival. I am looking forward to meeting you and wish you to join our festival!

Dmitri Dragilew
Chairman
International Music Festival "Buchenau 2019"
c/o Internationale Gesellschaft für multimediale Kultur
und europäische Kommunikation e.V.

International Masterclasses

15-28 April 2019

Buchenau castle

The Buchenau Castle (also called Schenck Castle) is located in Buchenau between Fulda and Bad Hersfeld and belongs to the Eiterfeld municipality. It was built from 1611 to 1618 by Georg Melchior of Buchenau and his wife Agnes von Schwalbach in the style of the Weser Renaissance. The oldest building in the castle grounds is the so-called "Generalshaus", built in 1550 by Georg von Buchenau (1535-1563) and his wife Susanne von Mansbach. Furthermore, there are on the grounds of the forester's house, in which the responsible for the management of the book-exchange forest forester lived, built in 1953 as a boarding house mountain house, the garage house, the old farm, the seminar house, a bakery and the gatehouse. Georg Melchior von Buchenau financed the construction of the castle by pledging 3/8 of his total estate to the prince-abbot of the monastery of Fulda, his feudal lord. In 1691, the monastery under Prince Abbot Placidus von Droste finally acquired this share, but then swapped this property in 1692 with the later Lieutenant-General and Governor of Upper Hesse Wolf Christoph Schenk to Schweinsberg (1653-1717) against his castle and estate in Burghaun. In 1713 he had the retiree extensively renovated; His nephew inherited the property, and his descendants lived in Castle and Upper Castle until 1912. In 1904, a tower was added to the General's House in the Upper Castle - as a copy of the tower on the Wartburg. At the castle in 1910 another staircase was added, the so-called wedding tower, which was built on the occasion of the wedding of Hans Schenck to Schweinsberg with his wife Else. The castle was sold in 1913. It then changed hands several times. After the World War I, the central building was built. At that time, refugees from Alsace were housed in the castle. In 1924, the Foundation Landerziehungsheim Hermann Lietz acquired the castle and operated there a boarding school until 1984. Thereafter, the buildings were used as Umsiedlerheim. Since 2001, the property is again privately owned. Today, the castle and the associated buildings are used as a conference and group house. In the castle are still some Renaissance doors with rich ornament. The castle also includes a park with a sports field.

 

Our Sponsors

Niendorf piano company

With the Niendorf Piano Company the small town Luckenwalde features a manufacture which gained international reputation, because of the superb quality of its products. Especially connoisseurs and experts in this industry label the small Niendorf grand pianos as the most perfected artistic instruments. Since May 2015 we - the Niendorf Piano Company – are, once again, diligently producing the well-known Niendorf instruments, whose tradition dates back to a 120-year-old history. Down to the present day, the manufacture is located in the small german town Luckenwalde, where it was founded by Karl and Hermann Niendorf. CEO is Markus Ernicke who hails from the local Jänickendorf and who is a skilled cembalo- and piano maker himself. Together with a young and dynamic team, the company intends to realize former achievements, but also to inspire music-lovers all over the world. A fusion of traditional as well as modern operation methods is essential during the production process. The manufacture is exclusively carried out in a loving and skilled manual sub-operation and therefore guarantees the high standard of our products. Cooperative efforts with local timber wood and metal construction companies do not only support the economic efficiency of the manufacture but also of the cooperation partner. That is because it is very important to us to provide and to maintain local jobs. It is a major concern of ours to revive the traditional piano manufacture in Luckenwalde and to convince people of our high quality musical works of art. Not only serial productions are aim and task of the company but also individual constructions, depending on the customers’ special requests, are possible. There is one thing that all of our instruments have in common: They carry the soul, sonority, beauty and ambition of the Niendorf Piano Company into the world.

 

Pirastro

Because of the quality of both their strings and rosin, Pirastro has become the byword for a sound which is both beautiful and reliable. As a result, a great number of string musicians play and recommend Pirastro strings. With their tonal flexibility and expressive power, Pirastro strings have inspired musicians to create their own unique sound by taking full advantage of their instruments best qualities. Each individual string in the Pirastro line has been meticulously crafted to provide musicians with an unsurpassed choice in tonal colors. Musicians can choose from the complete range of gut strings (e.g. Passione and Oliv) to synthetic strings (such as Evah Pirazzi and Tonica) or steel (e.g. Flexocor and Chromcor). Finally, Pirastro rosins are designed specifically for use with Pirastro strings and this combination is responsible, in no small part, for the excellent world-renowned Pirastro sound.

Paganino

PAGANINO offers a great choice of stringed instruments, accessories, strings, sheet music. The matching bow or the perfect case for your stringed instrument.

Our Partners

Buchenau castle

The Buchenau Castle (also called Schenck Castle) is located in Buchenau between Fulda and Bad Hersfeld and belongs to the Eiterfeld municipality. It was built from 1611 to 1618 by Georg Melchior of Buchenau and his wife Agnes von Schwalbach in the style of the Weser Renaissance. The oldest building in the castle grounds is the so-called "Generalshaus", built in 1550 by Georg von Buchenau (1535-1563) and his wife Susanne von Mansbach. Furthermore, there are on the grounds of the forester's house, in which the responsible for the management of the book-exchange forest forester lived, built in 1953 as a boarding house mountain house, the garage house, the old farm, the seminar house, a bakery and the gatehouse. Georg Melchior von Buchenau financed the construction of the castle by pledging 3/8 of his total estate to the prince-abbot of the monastery of Fulda, his feudal lord. In 1691, the monastery under Prince Abbot Placidus von Droste finally acquired this share, but then swapped this property in 1692 with the later Lieutenant-General and Governor of Upper Hesse Wolf Christoph Schenk to Schweinsberg (1653-1717) against his castle and estate in Burghaun. In 1713 he had the retiree extensively renovated; His nephew inherited the property, and his descendants lived in Castle and Upper Castle until 1912. In 1904, a tower was added to the General's House in the Upper Castle - as a copy of the tower on the Wartburg. At the castle in 1910 another staircase was added, the so-called wedding tower, which was built on the occasion of the wedding of Hans Schenck to Schweinsberg with his wife Else. The castle was sold in 1913. It then changed hands several times. After the World War I, the central building was built. At that time, refugees from Alsace were housed in the castle. In 1924, the Foundation Landerziehungsheim Hermann Lietz acquired the castle and operated there a boarding school until 1984. Thereafter, the buildings were used as Umsiedlerheim. Since 2001, the property is again privately owned. Today, the castle and the associated buildings are used as a conference and group house. In the castle are still some Renaissance doors with rich ornament. The castle also includes a park with a sports field.

 

Landkreis Fulda

The almost 1,400 square kilometer area between Rhön and Vogelsberg - intersected by the Fulda - forms the administrative area of the Hessian district of Fulda, located in the heart of Germany and therefore also Europe. As its cultural and economic center, this multifaceted landscape, which rises from the Fulda Valley on both sides to almost a thousand meters in altitude, encompasses the Baroque city of Fulda. In the time-honored town of Boniface - which proudly celebrated its 1250th anniversary in 1994 - is also the seat of the district administration. Currently around 220,000 people live in the 23 municipalities of the district of Fulda.

Marktgemeinde Eiterfeld

Marktgemeinde Eiterfeld - a rural region on the way to a sustainable future. Eiterfeld is one of the largest municipalities of the district of Fulda and the largest municipality of the biosphere reserve Rhön. The place, which takes its name from the creek "Eitra", was a part of the Fulda Abbey until 1802. Because of the fertile soils, agriculture had one until the end of the 19th century outstanding importance. Their gradual decline could be due to environmentally friendly and powerful trades and service businesses. The market town of Eiterfeld is known as a business location with modern high-tech and service companies. Through consistent improvements of the infrastructure we have Created jobs in rural areas. On the other hand, we are just through traditional events like Spring market, Matthäusmarkt, small animal market as a shopping center attractive and known far beyond East Hesse. Eiterfeld is located in the Hessische Kegelspiel, a unique geological formation between the Haune and the border to Thuringia with basalt mountains, sparse mixed forests and rare communities. Our cultural monuments like e.g. The Soisdorfer cemetery with its fortified church, which is enclosed by a high wall, worth a visit.

Weber Werbung GmbH & Co. KG

Weber Werbung GmbH & Co. KG (founded in 1990) based in the Eiterfeld industrial area since 2000. The combination of creativity, innovation and technical know-how creates competitive advantages for the customers of the advertising technology company – all this at a very good economic price-performance ratio. For more than 25 years, Weber Werbung has been offering its customers a broad range of services, a professional and comprehensive consulting service, and also supplies nationwide, far beyond the region. Started as an advertising agency, the mainstay is now the advertising technology operation. Every day, the team of 16 employees fulfill the individual wishes of their customers with their creativity and craftsmanship. www.werbeweber.de



Our partners
We thank our partners for the generous support!